Our Week at a Glance – September 26, 2021
The flowers The flowers are placed today by Al and Sandra Comba, in loving memory of Shawn & Wendy Panesar.
In Memoriam: The sympathy of the congregation is extended to the family of Joyce Jones, on her recent passing.
THIS WEEK AT TSA:
Mon. Sept. 27 Thrift Shop Donations, 9-2
Wed. Sept. 29 Thrift Shop sorting & donations, 9-2
Bible Study – Chapel, 11:00
Mat Group – Stewart Hall, 1:30
Thurs. Sept. 30 Thrift Shop Open, 12-6
Sat. Oct. 2 Thrift Shop Open, 10-2
Anniversary Sunday: Next Sunday, October 3rd is TSA’s Anniversary Sunday. There will be juice & cookies served on the Quarry Avenue lawn following the service, weather permitting. The service will also include the sacrament of Holy Communion. We will be using hygienic pre-packaged communion pods to ensure everyone’s safety.
Volunteer Archivist Opportunity: TSA has albums of photos and print items covering anniversary celebrations, annual meetings, covenanting services, art displays, church picnics, concerts, fundraising events and other memories of the faith history of church. Would you like to volunteer to carry on this important work? Want to find out more? Please contact the office or Margo Aubert at 613-432-6589.
Update from TSA Church Council
Realm Communication, September 22, 2021
To the TSA Congregation…. Your Council met on September 21, our regular monthly meeting. Here are a few highlights from our meeting.
* Covid related decisions – Since the beginning of the pandemic TSA has striven to abide by the best Public Health advice in order to keep our community safe. We strongly encourage everyone that can, to be vaccinated. The Province of Ontario has introduced a program that requires proof of vaccination to enter certain businesses. Churches are officially exempt from the vaccine passport system but a congregation can adopt this requirement if they feel it is necessary in their context. After careful deliberation, the TSA Council has decided that at this time we will not require proof for in-church attendance, or for people entering the building, which includes groups using our space and shoppers in the Thrift Shop. Public health measures requiring everyone be masked and to observe social distancing protocols are still in effect for all who enter our building. The Thrift Shop executive has informed their volunteers that they need to be fully vaccinated, in order to better protect their fellow volunteers and customers. The TSA Council has also decided that until further notice we will not allow receptions (funeral, wedding etc.) or fellowship in Stewart Hall due to the high risk of exposure.
* Anniversary Sunday – is October 3rd. We hope that you will join us in-person or on-line as you are able. We will have communion and Mike is planning special music. AND if the weather co-operates, we will have outdoor fellowship with lemonade and cookies following the service.
* Fundraising – Planning has started for our “Treats and Treasures” fundraiser in December. We will have a meeting in October with key organizers of our fundraising initiatives to discuss what is working well and what fundraising in 2022 might look like.
* St. James Lutheran – have settled into worship in the chapel each Sunday at 8:45. Council approved them putting signage beside ours to show that TSA is now their new home. We have also had discussions that we will look for opportunities to work together on community outreach events.
* 2022 Budget – our process for establishing our 2022 budget has begun and Committees will submit draft budgets to the Finance Committee by October 13.
Our next Council meeting is October 19th and we will again provide you an update. If any member has a concern, thought or suggestion that you would like Council to consider… call the office and leave a message.
Rev. James Murray