Order of Service
Trinity-St. Andrew’s United Church
Bethel-St. Andrew’s United Church
June 21, 2020
Worship Leaders: Rev. James Murray, Rev. Dr. Christine Johnson, Rick Leben
Welcome and Introductions
Call To Worship Psalm 86: 1-10
One: Incline your ear, O Lord, and answer me, for I am poor and needy.
Two: Preserve my life, for I am devoted to you;
One: save your servant who trusts in you. You are my God;
Two: be gracious to me, O Lord, for to you do I cry all day long.
One: Gladden the soul of your servant, for to you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
Two: For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call on you.
One: Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer; listen to my cry of supplication.
Two: In the day of my trouble I call on you, for you will answer me.
One: There is none like you among the gods, O Lord, nor are there any works like yours.
Two: All the nations you have made shall come and bow down before you, O Lord, and shall glorify your name.
One: For you are great and do wondrous things; you alone are God.
Prayer of Approach
Hymn VU#580 Faith of our Fathers
- Faith of our fathers, living still in spite of dungeon, fire, and sword;
O how our hearts beat high with joy, whene’er we hear that glorious word:
faith of our fathers, holy faith, we will be true to you till death.
2. Faith of our mothers, daring faith, your work for Christ is love revealed,
spreading GOd’s word from pole to pole, making love known and freedom real:
faith of our mothers, holy faith, we will be true to you till death.
3. Faith of our sisters, brothers too, who still must bear oppression’s might,
raising on high, in prisons dark, the cross of Christ will burning bright:
faith for today, O living faith, we will be true to you till death.
4. Faith born of God, O call us yet; bind us with all who follow you,
sharing the struggle of your crossuntil the world is made anew.
Faith born of God, O living faith, we will be true to you till death.
Scripture Matthew 10: 24-39
Sermon ‘Fathering’ Rev. James Murray
The Lord’s Prayer
Hymn VU#672 Take time to be holy
- Take time to be holy, speak oft with your Lord; abide in him always, and feed on his word.
Make friends of God’s children, help those who are weak, forgetting in nothing his blessing to seek.
2. Take time to be holy, let him be your guide, and run not before him, whatever betide.
In joy or in sorrow, still follow the Lord, and, looking to Jesus, still trust in his word.
3. Take time to be holy, be calm in your soul, each thought and each motive beneath his control.
Thus led by his spirit to fountains of love, you soon shall be fitted for service above.